It has taken me many years and thousands of words to get to this point of my journey; and now that I am here… I couldn’t be happier.
Until recently, I had never been brave enough, to showcase my written word to the world. But after posting on another site and getting a positive response, it seemed that launching my own site was the next natural goal to achieve.
I have only got this far, because writing is something that I love, and I have been so encouraged by readers around the world.
A new journey
This is the start of a new journey for me, and one I want to fully embrace. I am not sure how successful I will be, but I can only try my best and hope that my words reach far and wide.
So, my goals for this site are as follows:
- To post at least 3 times a weeks
- To actively participate and learn by visiting and reading other peoples blogs
- To get my head round customising my site and using social media
- To achieve a thousand reads by the end of March 2018
- To eventually create my own book – long-term vision
I would like to think that these goals are not unreasonable or unreachable, but please wish me luck!
It’s now been 18 months since I created ‘a beautiful mind online’ and oh my, how I have grown since then!
I do remember having to think long and hard, about what I really wanted to achieve by creating this site. Initially, I had only planned for this to be a place to publish my written work, but as time passed; I also returned to my creative roots. And it soon became apparent that I needed a place to show my many lovely creations as well, and so my goal became to create a one stop shop for everything I do..
My self confidence has been restored, and even though I am frequently floored by illness, it has confirmed that I am still capable of many things.
As for my goals…
- To post at least 3 times a week– I have done my best to achieve the goal, and have posted as often as I could, but on occasions it simply has not been possible.
- To actively participate and learn by visiting and reading other peoples’ blogs– Not only did I write more, I was reading a lot more too! But after a while, it became too overwhelming, and I was spending hours on a daily basis trying to read everything. Everyday my mail box was filled with new postings, which meant I had little time for anything else.
- To get my head round customising my site and using social media– I had quite a few issues when I began, but I am slowly mastering customising different areas of blogging, SEO’s, keywords etc. I now also have a ‘My kind of beautiful’ Facebook page, I am on Instagram, Tumblr and other writer/poetry websites. It is still a learning curve, but I’m getting there.
- To achieve a thousand reads by the end of March 2018 – I didn’t check it at the time, but it now stands at over 5000 reads and 2800 visitors.I am more than happy with that! I feel truly blessed that my words and creations have reached out and touched so many people from around the world.
- To eventually create my own book – long-term vision– This goal is still very much in the pipeline, I have at least signed up to a site to help me develop this idea. I feel like I have a lot of material to start the process, but I think I need guidance on what to actually include. But this was always a long-term goal, and will probably on come into play again, once I have got this site as I want it to be…
So, on the whole, I feel I’ve done okay. And in spite of health and other factors hindering me, I have still persevered and have gone from strength to strength.
I would like to say a big thank you to you – all my readers, likers and followers, because without you guys, this would all mean nothing. And for that, I am very humble and thankful. Sx ❤️
(Sunday 14thJuly 2019)
If you are interested in any of my work, or have any queries please feel free to contact me using the form below. 🙂